Motorway Breakdowns Tips
Even if you have a breakdown cover policy in place, vehicle failures can still occur. This is not only an inconvenience, but can also be incredibly dangerous; particularly if you are on a busy carriageway or motorway. However, you can ensure the safety of yourself and of your passengers by taking note of these breakdown tips. For more info Call us 01204534333 or Email us email@example.com
Why Choose Us?
Carriageways and Motorways
These are potentially the most dangerous roads on which a breakdown can occur due to the amount of cars present and the speeds they attain. Pulling over on the hard shoulder of a motorway is usually prohibited; except of course if your vehicle suffers a failure. If this is the case then you obviously have no other choice, and should follow the following five steps:
- Park as far to the left as possible in order to ensure maximum distance between your vehicle and the moving traffic. It is recommended that you point your wheels towards the grass verge in the event of your car rolling. You should then active you hazard warning lights so that your vehicle becomes more visible to others.
- It isn’t just your vehicle that needs to be seen. Make sure that you wear a reflective jacket if possible (available in most emergency breakdown kits). It is then vital that you get all vehicle occupants to exit through the left door so that they do not exit into the path of passing traffic.
- Contact your breakdown cover provider, informing them of your location. If you don’t have a mobile phone with you then proceed with caution to the nearest roadside emergency telephone which will patch you through to the highways agency.
- Wait for Ace Recovery to reach you. It is vital that you DO NOT attempt repairs yourself! We only take from 60–90 mins.
- If your vehicle is made operational once again at the side of the road by your breakdown cover provider, then make sure that find a safe gap in which to rejoin and always keep an eye out for any other vehicles which may also be stationary on the hard shoulder.
How it Works:
What if I can not get onto the hard shoulder?
If you are unable to get to the hard shoulder, please bear in mind that you are in a very dangerous position and proceed with caution. Immediately switch on your hazard warning lights but do not attempt to place any warning instruments such as a warning triangle or cones on the road. Only leave your vehicle if you believe that an opportunity to safely get clear of the carriageway/motorway presents itself. If you happen to have a disability preventing this, then remain in your vehicle with your hazard lights on. Either way, you should then phone emergency services and follow this up by contacting your breakdown cover provider.
We’re one of the most reasonable priced breakdown recovery team we cover from M6, M60, M61, M62, M65 & M66, so in case of any breakdown or recovery need please contact us on 01204534333 or 07954 999 247.
WE ARE AUTHORISED AND TRAINED MOTORWAY RECOVERY SPECIALIST. WE WILL TAKING ALL THE STRESS AWAY FROM ANY MOTORWAY BREAKDOWN RECOVERY IN MANCHESTER. WE HAVE DRIVERS AVAILABLE 24 HOURS TO HELP WITH YOUR BREAKDOWN RECOVERY. WHETHER YOU HAVE A SMALL CAR, SPORTS CAR, OR A LARGE VAN WE CAN HELP WITH ANY TYPE OF VEHICLE BREAKDOWN AND RECOVERY. OUR RATES ARE VERY COMPETITIVE CALL US 01204534333 FOR A NO OBLIGATION QUOTE.