Replacement Number Plates
Need some Replacement Number Plates?
If your car number plates are cracked, broken, faded or has marks obscuring the letters and numbers, then they’re illegal and needs to be replaced. Luckily Number Plate Clinic is here to help – we can make you some new or replacement registration plates* for your car or bike while you wait. We can also help by making you an extra set of car plates if you’re towing or using a rear-mount cycle carrier. You can also design your plates online too!
Pick Your Plate Style We can supply new standard, square or motorcycle number plates, with different emblems, borders and lettering options.
What documents do I need to Replace UK Number Plates?
To get your number plate made you’ll need the right documents with you. You must provide proof of identity and entitlement to the registration mark quoted in order to get replacement number plates.
If you reserve your number plates online, they can’t be made until we have verified your documents.
One original document from each of the lists below is required for a legal number plate. Together, the documents must let us check your name, address and vehicle entitlement. We accept the following documents:
Replacement Plates Proof of Identity:
- Driving licence
- Bank or Building Society statement for the last six months
- Current utility, telephone or Council Tax bill for the last six months
- National ID card issued by the Government of a state or territory other than the UK
- Debit or credit card issued by a bank or building society
- Police warrant card
- Armed forces identity card
Proof of Entitlement:
- A Vehicle Registration Certificate (V5C)
- The tear-off slip (V5C/2) from (V5C section 10)
- A Certificate of entitlement to a mark (V750)
- A Cherished Transfer Retention Certificate (V778)
- A Vehicle Licence Renewal (V11)
- A Temporary Registration Certificate (V379)
- An Authorisation Certificate (V948) from DVLA Local Office with official DVLA stamp or a downloaded hard copy of the eV948.
- A letter of authorisation from Fleet Operators (including a lease/hire company).
Please note: These are legal guidelines imposed by the DVLA, and sadly we can’t provide you with new or replacement registration plates without the correct documents!
Save Hassle with our Number Plate Fitting Service
It’s easy to get number plates made, and here at Number Plate Clinic we can also fit your new or replacement plates for you – either using adhesive pads or drilling the plate for you to keep it firmly in place.
Interested in 3d plates?